Sunday, May 5, 2013

An Obvious Break From Blogging


It is nearly irrelevant that I would write a post on the topic of taking a break from blogging; as I know that it is blatantly obvious that I have taken a break from blogging because I am indeed not blogging. Nonetheless, I thought I would share a couple of the reasons why.



I have not only taken a break from writing blogs, but largely from reading them as well. I find that for myself, I grow more by reading books rather than blogs. Blogs are nice as they are short snippets of truth that are easy to read. But I see that they lack the depth to produce any change in my life. The blogs that do have an impact on me are written by individuals that I know are avid readers. Out of the overflow of what they are reading, they blog. This has not been the case for my blog writing. I have not written out of the overflow of my reading of books and I think it is evident in the content that I write.



Another reason I am taking a break is that I have four children and my wife to shepherd. I have been using the time I would normally blog to write devotions and things for my family instead of the world of bloggers. I think this is a better use of my time, and I think it honors God more.



I am not deleting my blog, but rather I will post from time to time on various topics as The Lord provides opportunities.



In Christ,


Scott



No comments:

Post a Comment