Thursday, February 21, 2013

Competing Against Your Wife: It's A Good Thing

Do you know that competition against your wife is a good thing? Yep men, we are to "outdo" them! But in my competition against my wife, the moment I get in the lead and begin to raise my hands in victory, the moment I no longer am in a righteous competition, I am in an unrighteous one. What do I mean?

Romans 12:9-10 says "Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor."

This verse is just as true with my wife as it is with my friends, family, strangers or co-workers.

I am to be in competition against my wife. I am to be fervently trying to honor her more then she is honoring me. Does this sound like Christian male domineering headship? This is headship at it's finest. This is the headship of Christ towards his Church. He is the example we are to follow.

Men, as you seek to obey Christ in showing honor to your wife, remember that the moment you pull ahead in the race and lift your hands in victory; you have just begun to dishonor her because of your victory.

"Let love be genuine." Honoring your wife is proving your love for her is genuine. Anything less is actually a false, fake, and imitation of true love no matter where you lay your pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment